Saturday, February 18, 2012

It Ain't Always Pretty

Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands and ask for help. It isn't always pretty, but it's at least worth a try.

Case in point: a conversation with my dad yesterday.

Me: Hi, Daddy. Watcha doin' this afternoon? Are you having a nap? (my dad is notorious for afternoon "snoozy" time)

Dad: Nope, I'm not. Why?

Me: Why not? Watcha doin'?

Dad: I'm busy. I'm baking an apple cake, an apple pie and cooking a chicken. Why?

Me: I thought I'd bring the kids by for a visit after school.

Dad: Sure, that would be fine.

Me: Great. So...how big a chicken are you cooking?

Dad: Whaaa...?

Me: How big a chicken?

Dad: Why? Are you hoping to stay for supper?

Me: Well, if you're cooking a chicken and we're already going to be there...

Dad: You're very bold, you know that?

Me: Yup. You'd think my parents would have taught me better.

Dad: Yes, you would.

Me: Say what you will, so long as I get chicken.

Dad: <sigh> Fine...I'll tell your mother and I'll do some more vegetables.


See, sometimes you just need to ask for help.

Love you, Daddy!

1 comment: