Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mommy Still Needs her Kisses

As I buckled him into his booster seat, his sweet face beckoned me to kiss it. Unable to resist, I placed a gentle kiss on one soft little cheek. He frowned a tiny bit, but I caught a glint of smile in his eyes. Knowing I need to take advantage of these moments when I get them, I cupped his face in my hands, looked deep into his eyes, and said "I love you so much, Bear."

"Yay!" he responded, which is our "thing." "Yay!" I answered back, burying my face in his soft cheek again and smothering him with kisses.

"Oh, Bear," I said. "Someday you're going to be big and you're not going to want me to give you kisses."

"Yes I will, Mommy!" he protested. "At least I think I will. I don't know. Maybe."

Oh, my baby Bear...please don't grow up too soon. Mommy still needs her kisses.

4 comments:

  1. "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be."

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...I hope he never tires of kisses from his mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he doesn't either, but I know the day will come. :-(

      Delete